Thursday, March 22, 2007

Welka Homama

I'm glad I saved the best for last. Flew out to London on economy, came back on business class. I know everyone else has already had this experience, but this was my first time getting through a long haul flight on business class. And it was pretty damn amazing. I was actually sad to get off the plane and could easily have sat there for another 12 hours. Imagine. 12 hours, no phone calls, no emails, just a good book and anytime access to all the on-demand movies that I've missed.

I think the thing that makes it livable is the leg room. If I had that kind of leg room in economy, then regardless of the service and even if I have to bring my own sandwich and water, I'd be ok. Otherwise it feels like I've been trapped in a little box for 12 hours and every passing minute makes me more psychotic.

Then I got off the plane and there was the Fambly! And The Son had a special (and specially rehearsed) "Welcome Home Mama" message just for me! Very happy to be back. And no longer in wet cold snowing sleeting and hailing London.

7 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger gremlin said...

aww. so nice.

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which airline? All I can say was when I traveled from Singapore/London/Singapore on British Air in Business Class it was glorious.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

SQ. Loved it. Sign me up for another 48 hours!

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Angeline said...

ohhh. that's so sweet. Children are the cutest when they are learning to talk.

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I didn't know the median income of lawyers in Singapore is $4.75mil

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

What a surprise. I didn't know that either. I need to check my bank account again - millions are missing.

What are these - the average earnings of 10 lawyers who own a private island? Average earnings of 10 lawyers on Forbes' list?

It's not the statistics themselves that you should be looking closely at - it's the basic premise that these statistics are being used to support.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehe, I know. I've a friend whose a partner in a lawyer firm. She makes a measly $20k a month only...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home