Monday, March 23, 2009

Local Woman Boggled By The Ambiguity Of It All

As I advance into this pregnancy, I am reminded once again of all that I had forgotten from the first experience, and I am also reminded yet again that I am still forgetting. My brain is in a fog - it's both terrifying and frustrating how I can forget so much in the midst of making a special effort to remember things. It's like trying to catch tadpoles with my fingers. I tried it once. Didn't get a single one. Nothing much has changed, judging by this morning.

I was en-route to the meeting. Had to check the address more than 5 times because I kept forgetting it. Then when I got there, I checked the floor number before I reached the lift lobby, checked again when I pressed for the lift, and checked again when I got into the lift. Now that's dumb.

Went to teach at NUS for my yearly stint. I have to admit I was surprised and astonished when word got back to me later on that the students were wondering whether I was pregnant or whether I had just been leading a very sedentary lifestyle. Something must be said about how fleeting and rare that kind of innocence is. Clearly they haven't been within 1 kilometre of a pregnant person for quite some time, if ever. Also, they must never have seen anyone with a paunch. Well, I would have liked to retort, just try looking in the mirror sideways a year after you've graduated from law school.

My latest visit to the gynae last week went well. Have noted that even my writing style has changed to vague aimless babbling because at the moment I can't remember what I had set out to write. Gynae did another full organ check on the baby, and confirmed:

1. an anterior placenta
2. all organs in place and growing as planned
3. she has managed to position herself so that her feet are right up against her face. Why, I'd like to know. Possibly so that she can kick me just that little bit harder.

I started to wonder about the state of my mind when I clean forgot what I was supposed to do before getting on the examination table and had to get instructions from the gynae all over again, like we had never done this before.

8 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a girl!!!

or did i miss that? hm.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger expat@large said...

Ambiguous? Whatever do you mean?

I was going to say something else, but I forgot what.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Berry Shopkeeper said...

a she!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger -ben said...

Read this?

Thanks for the memory loss, baby

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors, prada handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, louboutin, gucci outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, louboutin outlet, replica watches, nike air max, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, prada outlet, nike outlet, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike free, oakley sunglasses, burberry, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, chanel handbags, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale, longchamp, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban, hollister, nike huarache, ghd, vans, asics running shoes, hollister, wedding dresses, insanity workout, converse outlet, hollister, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, beats by dre, nike roshe, oakley, ralph lauren, vans shoes, chi flat iron, longchamp, soccer shoes, louboutin, bottega veneta, celine handbags, giuseppe zanotti, birkin bag, babyliss, nike trainers, p90x workout, nfl jerseys, nike air max, valentino shoes, herve leger, lululemon, jimmy choo shoes, mont blanc, timberland boots, ferragamo shoes, gucci, mac cosmetics, nike air max, reebok shoes, iphone 6 cases, converse, north face outlet, mcm handbags, soccer jerseys, instyler, baseball bats

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your valuable information.I found it very useful.Keep posting amazing content like this.
Medical Hospital Furniture

 

Post a Comment

<< Home