Monday, August 28, 2006

Still playing, 3 out of 5 balls down.

Somehow the photo session with the second model (a 17-year old junior college student), combined with some really terrible news from an ex-boyfriend, has managed to get me a little bit down. Smootie - now with 50% less cheer.

If I could compare my life to a pinball game, I'd be 3 balls down, with 2 more balls to go but still in the heat of play.

The second model looked very mature for a 17-year old. Got me reminiscing about the time when I was 17, clueless and the only thing on my mind was boys, school and private tuition 5 times a week. I did not tie up my long curly hair, did not wear my school badge or any socks. I routinely showed up late for school with light makeup (foundation, powder, lipstick and blusher) and lots of jewellery. There was not a single minor rule I did not break with impunity. My civics tutor who was the school disciplinary master received no end of flak from his colleagues.

I had my whole life ahead of me. New pinball game. And I thought I was so mature. A good day was when my favourite school skirt (a little shorter than the rest!) was ready to wear. A bad day was when a classmate broke my nail buffer while buffing his nails. It's been a while since I felt so carefree.

Now I sit at home watching yet another episode of High Five (Animal Adventures!) and I wonder if my son's life will be as carefree, and if I will be able to make his life as comfortable as mine has been.

7 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger gremlin said...

oh man. so serious. let's go on a trip (dive or otherwise - if gideon would let us without redoing the entire course!) together - just the girls, when I get back next - hopefully with post-partum weight all lost. lets. it'd be a good change and we can giggle ourselves silly again over cocktails or coke, whatever takes our fancy ;p.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

Argh. I don't know how you do it, travelling halfway across the world with 2 (soon to be 3).

Hv planned holiday overseas but stressing about how to cope with my 1.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger knobby said...

Cheer up! (Gin always helps me. Heh)

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, timberland, nike air max, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, michael kors, coach purses, vanessa bruno, michael kors, converse pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, mulberry, louboutin pas cher, hogan, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, sac guess, new balance pas cher, air force, nike free, lululemon, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, north face, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, sac longchamp, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, longchamp pas cher, air max, air jordan pas cher, nike free run uk

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, barbour, replica watches, moncler, doudoune canada goose, pandora charms, wedding dresses, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, karen millen, michael kors outlet, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, lancel, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose, michael kors outlet online, hollister, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, canada goose, swarovski, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger rehabgad1 said...




Good write-up. I definitely love this site. Keep it up
https://prokr113.fandom.com/wiki/Prokr113
http://proker.ucoz.ae/blog/
http://prokr123.zohosites.com/
http://l7enlove.net/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home