Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Day My Head Exploded

Was having dinner last evening with a client who has also become a friend and he mentioned that I sounded kinda muffled when we spoke on Friday. Also very distracted. Which is true. When he called, I was temporarily out of my mind with rage, and it took all I had to answer the phone like nothing was happening.

Water had been dripping from my office ceiling for 3 days. Now that's something you don't see every day in an office building. Sometimes gushing, sometimes just fat noisy drops, always from the same part of the air conditioning unit. It's just a happy coincidence that it wasn't dripping on my head or on my desk. Whilst asking my secretary to call the contractor to fix it, I got an aluminium tray and placed it on the floor below the drip, squarely blocking off my access from desk to door.

To cut a long and painful drama short, a series of "wrong contractors" trooped into my office, got on top of their ladders, made sympathetic noises and told me they were not the right contractors to fix the problem. In the meantime, I managed to fall over the tray twice, once when it was full thereby drenching my feet and shoes and personal belongings. After 3 days, I stormed out of my room in wet shoes and asked my secretary where the fuck is the contractor, only to have her look at me like I was losing it completely and why am I making so much noise over a small thing. I managed to get her to follow me into my office, a place I like to think she visits at least once a day, to look at the problem. She sees a drenched rug, a tray full of water, my wet shoes, wet papers, wet computer disks, follows my stony glare up to the ceiling where water is still dripping incessantly.

Oh! It's dripping!

If the contractors hadn't arrived that very minute, I might have had a heart attack. They covered my files, desk and shelves with tarp and proceeded to deal with the leak whilst I sat there at the computer, trying to work. Bits of insulation and ceiling board drifted down, together with some interesting metal bits and lots of dust. Secretary walked off.

7 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger valkyrie said...

you need a new secretary...

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, timberland, nike air max, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, michael kors, coach purses, vanessa bruno, michael kors, converse pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, mulberry, louboutin pas cher, hogan, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, sac guess, new balance pas cher, air force, nike free, lululemon, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, north face, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, sac longchamp, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, longchamp pas cher, air max, air jordan pas cher, nike free run uk

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, barbour, replica watches, moncler, doudoune canada goose, pandora charms, wedding dresses, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, karen millen, michael kors outlet, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, lancel, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose, michael kors outlet online, hollister, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, canada goose, swarovski, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

longchamp bags
yeezy shoes
kobe 11
ferragamo belt
true religion outlet
nike huarache
yeezy boost 350 v2
hogan outlet online
adidas tubular shadow
michael kors handbags
20170712

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Obat Penghilang Nyeri Lutut said...

This information is very useful. thank you for sharing. and I will also share information about health through the website

Cara Menghilangkan Bopeng
Obat Penghilang Nyeri Pada Payudara
Cara Mengobati Telapak Kaki Berlubang
Pengobatan Herbal Penyakit Rematik
Penyebab Benjolan dileher seperti jakun
Pengobatan penyakit Meningioma

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

minnesota vikings jerseys
cheap ray bans
salomon boots
49ers jersey
coach outlet store online
cheap snapbacks
patriots jerseys
coach outlet
oakley sunglasses wholesale
cleveland browns jerseys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home