Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ya Go Before Ya Go

So I took some time off yesterday for various personal errands and was unexpectedly called into service by The Mother. Can you please come over to my clinic for a meeting with the prospective new employer, and we can negotiate and finalise the terms of my employment contract and then sign it.

You know, it's a nice feeling to be able to give back a little to the parental unit, to assist the parental unit in some way that is actually useful to her and not vaguely useful in the sense that she just wants me to think I am useful when I am not actually helping her in any way, and just wasting her time. It shows that she finally sees me as an adult individual, with some useful skills.

So I show up only 5 minutes late at her soon to be ex-employer's clinic, wait another 15 minutes until she's finished seeing a patient and then she's ready to leave. By then, I've managed to touch everything in the dispensary displays at least once, flip through the magazines and mess up the newspapers. Just like old times. The soon to be ex-employer's nurse cannot wait for me to leave before I break something.

Ok, says The Mother. I've got all the documents here. We'll head down to meet Dr W. But before that, can you please go pee before we leave. Otherwise if you need to pee later, I may not be able to find you a toilet. Also, we need to get you a cardigan from the car. It may be cold. I don't want you to catch a chill.

11 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Indiana said...

To our Mum's we will always be the tiny little helpless kids whose nose they had to wipe and whose bums they have cleaned and spanked when needed.

It's kind of endearing...and I can't wait until one day you catch yourself doing the same thing.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger gremlin said...

your mommy's funny! err. quite like my daddy. just the other day had me biting my lip again when he snapped (for the umpteenth time like a man gripped with amnesia) "Why don't you go work?! Wasted staying at home (he means, wasted my money sending you to school) You got money to make, dun want to make!"

Erm. I say. You forgot you got 3 grandchildren. No, I bit my lip. For the umpteenth time.

So, did you go pee and grab that cardi? Betcha did! good girl!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

Yeah, I peed as requested. But put my foot down about wearing the cardigan. I was already wearing a cardigan. I refuse to look like a homeless person wearing 2 cardigans.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Angeline said...

buahahahaha!!!!Sounds like my own mother!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Little Miss Drinkalot said...

You're probably going to kill me after this, but the only living thing I command to go pee is er, my doggie.

 
At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mothers treat us the same whether we're 3 or 30. LOL. You kinda make me miss my mum.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, birkin bag, hollister, longchamp, ghd, insanity workout, nike roshe, beats by dre, hollister, oakley, nike air max, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, gucci, giuseppe zanotti, vans, wedding dresses, timberland boots, mont blanc, north face outlet, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mcm handbags, chi flat iron, lululemon, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, iphone 6 cases, nike air max, instyler, babyliss, herve leger, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes, nike huarache, converse outlet, p90x workout, converse, vans shoes, soccer shoes

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

toms shoes, moncler, pandora charms, pandora jewelry, michael kors handbags, barbour, replica watches, moncler, doudoune canada goose, pandora charms, wedding dresses, doke gabbana outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, bottes ugg, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, karen millen, michael kors outlet, marc jacobs, pandora jewelry, moncler, louis vuitton, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, montre pas cher, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, swarovski crystal, links of london, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, moncler, canada goose, canada goose uk, louis vuitton, lancel, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose outlet, canada goose, michael kors outlet online, hollister, moncler, moncler, ugg boots uk, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, canada goose, swarovski, sac louis vuitton pas cher, coach outlet

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

air jordan 8
coach outlet online
rolex replica
pandora charms
raiders jerseys
jaguars jersey
golden state warriors jerseys
ralph lauren
hermes belt
montblanc pens
2017.6.2

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Mai said...

خدمات راس الخيمة
صيانة واصلاح مكيفات كاريرراس الخيمة
صيانةواصلاح مكيفات ماديم راس الخيمة

 

Post a Comment

<< Home