Friday, March 14, 2008

That's My Boy

Sometimes life doesn't prepare you for the little heartburns that come traipsing along, humming a little song under its breath with a wicked smile on its face.

Last Sunday, I fed The Son half a bowl of chilled beancurd, ate a few spoonfuls myself, then after getting a consensus from The Son that he wanted no more, put the plastic container with the beancurd leftovers in the dog bowl in the kitchen. Last thing I saw was the dog's head descending into the bowl, tongue sticking out and quivering in fevered anticipation of said beancurd.

Then I went into the bathroom to get ready to go out, and just like any other woman in the same position, did not emerge until a good half hour later.

I walked into the living room, all fresh and ready for a new day.... to see The Son sitting at the table, on his little stool, feeding himself from a plastic bowl of beancurd whilst The Husband watches him, beaming with fatherly pride. He was actually patting my son on the back.

Where did that bowl of beancurd come from? I asked the person who had been the sole supervisor of my first and only child for the last half hour.

Oh. He walked out of the kitchen holding a bowl of beancurd, said he wanted to eat it, so I gave him a spoon.

I think I gave that to Angus earlier.

Oh did you? Don't worry. I don't think Angus even touched it.

[Sometime later, I am alone with my son, the father is nursing his head wounds elsewhere]

Bo, honey, did you like your beancurd?

Yes.

Bo, where did you get your beancurd?

From Aggis.

So what was Aggis doing when you took the beancurd?

He was ricking it.

6 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Indiana said...

Sounds like the ultimate expression of "want".

Dog has it.
I want it.

Nice and easy.

At least you can take comfort that a dogs mouth is cleaner than a humans.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHA! That should teach you for feeding your dog leftovers! :P

 
At 1:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. Earlier this week I was watching the neighbors kids (2, 6 and 9) I put out snacks on the kitchen table. 10 minutes later my youngest daughter asks me why I'm feeding the neighbor kids dog snacks. What? How was I supposed to know? Small gingerbread man shaped cookies, in a plastic bag in the pantry. When I sent the kids home I told them to remember to tell their mom that I fed them dog snacks. I'm not sure I'll be permitted to watch them again.

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god. *falls over laughing* :)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, kate spade outlet online, chanel handbags, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, red bottom shoes, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home