Wednesday, May 31, 2006

World Cup Infamy

So it's almost time for bleary eyes and impossibly late hours as we try to stay up for the 2 a.m. telecast of the World Cup matches. It's impossibly cliched, but I notice the best matches are screened right about then.

I'm nursing a hangover this morning - the result of 0.6 litres of beer swishing around in a 33 year old brain. We were welcoming some new colleagues into our office last evening. Some chirpy friend (now ex-friend) just called to say hello, and to remind me about the time I got my picture in the paper whilst watching the finals between England and Brazil. Just figures. I can write an entire article for the ST that takes up half a page, and no one reads it, not even my mother. But one leetle photo of me with my mouth hanging open, and I'm still getting calls about it 4 years down the road. Just kills me.

"Yah! No wonder you look familiar!" says my new colleague. "Can you make your eyes bulge out just like in the photo?"

8 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger gremlin said...

oh man! everyone remembers that photo. you placed your face so far forward you scared the cameraman. that was also when I jabbed you so bad you refused to talk to me for months :0 oh yah, I remember that ugly shot ;)

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

Yeah. Everyone is hilarious. Hur hur hur.

Gremlin, I vaguely remember that incident and feeling really irritated with you about something. But that's just me and probably thousands of people in Canada as of right now. Maybe you secrete some kind of irritating hormone. Boy am I irritated right now.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Cobalt Paladin said...

Er... can anyone be kind enough to share with me that photo? :)

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger gremlin said...

cobalt. I'll find it and let you know ;)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Cobalt Paladin said...

gremlin, thanks! You know where to find me. :)

 
At 5:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love what you guys are usually up too.
Such clever work and exposure! Keep up the great works guys I've you guys to our blogroll.

Here is my website - garcinia

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban pas cher, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, vans pas cher, lacoste pas cher, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, true religion jeans, timberland, nike air max, coach factory outlet, true religion outlet, burberry, michael kors, coach purses, vanessa bruno, michael kors, converse pas cher, hollister pas cher, nike blazer, michael kors, oakley pas cher, tn pas cher, ray ban uk, mulberry, louboutin pas cher, hogan, ralph lauren uk, michael kors, coach outlet, sac guess, new balance pas cher, air force, nike free, lululemon, ralph lauren pas cher, coach outlet, north face, hermes, nike air max, true religion jeans, nike air max, sac longchamp, hollister, true religion jeans, north face, longchamp pas cher, air max, air jordan pas cher, nike free run uk

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, birkin bag, hollister, longchamp, ghd, insanity workout, nike roshe, beats by dre, hollister, oakley, nike air max, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, gucci, giuseppe zanotti, vans, wedding dresses, timberland boots, mont blanc, north face outlet, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mcm handbags, chi flat iron, lululemon, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, iphone 6 cases, nike air max, instyler, babyliss, herve leger, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes, nike huarache, converse outlet, p90x workout, converse, vans shoes, soccer shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home