Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Refreshing Change...

from my usual Nigerian correspondence arrived just this afternoon by email. Nothing like some unexpected entertainment after a heavy lunch.

______________________________________
Dear Sir

RE: Financial Assistance for Studies in University of Oxford or University of Cambridge

I have just graduated from [some University] with a First Class Honours degree in Bachelor of Laws. I was the Best Oralist in Malaysia and the First Runner-up in the prestigious [some prize or other] which was held in Washington D.C.

I have been offered by University of Oxford and University of Cambridge to read my Master of Laws this September. The total fees and expenses are about £25,000.00. I am unable to come up with this huge amount of money. I wonder whether your esteemed firm could sponsor my studies in either of the aforesaid universities. I am prepared to work with your firm upon completion of my studies.

In the event that your firm is unable to accomodate my request, I would appreciate if you could kindly assist to source for other means of funding from any other corporations/institutions/individuals.

______________________________________

Hell yeah. I'm taking out my chequebook as I type this. Emails like this really inspire me to step up my game. After all, my total expenses for all the clothes jewellery and furniture I need to buy, not to mention my mortgage, are about US$1,500,000. I too am unable to come up with this money. Maybe if I go whining to my boss and say that I am prepared to work with his firm upon completion of my shopping trip in Paris, he'll open up his heart and his wallet to me too. And if he can't accommodate my request, he'll just have to assist me in getting the money from some other sap.

4 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are actually people out there who are capable of doing law and have a passion for it(or for any other course really), unfortunately they just cannot afford the costs of education. How unfair would it be for someone to qualify for one of the top universities in the world but be unable to accept a place there because they do not come from a wealthy enough family?

At least the person is trying to find alternative means to fund his education instead on giving up. It's that sort of fighting spirit that should not be stamped down on.

I'm kind of disappointed that you smirk at such a situation.

Alexis

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger HairyDonut said...

I have to admit that I was initially sympathetic until I read the CV attached and realised it was a hoax.

Have also been hardened by the number of 'students' that regularly come to my house gate at night and ask for money to pay their school fees.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, burberry, louboutin shoes, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, longchamp, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, nike free, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, tiffany jewelry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, nike outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, louboutin, tiffany and co, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, nike air max, jordan shoes, ugg boots, cheap oakley sunglasses

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louboutin, birkin bag, hollister, longchamp, ghd, insanity workout, nike roshe, beats by dre, hollister, oakley, nike air max, jimmy choo shoes, celine handbags, hollister, asics running shoes, gucci, giuseppe zanotti, vans, wedding dresses, timberland boots, mont blanc, north face outlet, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, mcm handbags, chi flat iron, lululemon, ray ban, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, ralph lauren, mac cosmetics, north face outlet, iphone 6 cases, nike air max, instyler, babyliss, herve leger, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers, reebok shoes, nike huarache, converse outlet, p90x workout, converse, vans shoes, soccer shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home