Friday, January 08, 2010

Saturday mornings with Flower

While it sounds all nice and organised to say that I have a little hair cut-and-colour package with a hairdresser in Parkway Parade, the problem is that actually getting my hair done there with the limited weekend time available is an amazing pain in the ass. Where are the child-friendly hairdressing salons when we need them. Where am I going to find a child-free 4 hours this weekend, I would like to know.

This is exactly the reason why I prefer to nip down to the neighbourhood hairdressing shop in my condo to get the easy-but-urgent stuff, like the haircuts, done but there's always hell to pay when Alfred, my tiny little hairdresser, finds out. Alfred, when I'm sitting down, comes up to one head taller than me. He's always dressed perfectly in tiny little black clothes, and with his alabaster skin, jet black hair and perfect little pixie-pretty features, he makes me feel like if I just slap him with the back of my hand, he could fly across the room, and the scream would be so tiny and so shrill that dogs for miles would be scratching their ears.

With my permanently broken gay-dar in hand, I stare at him and wonder if he could possibly be gay. I can't imagine a girl going out with him (so breakable! so delicate!) but I really can't imagine him with a guy (again, so breakable! so delicate!). Maybe he is just not meant to date. I'm almost completely certain that I outweigh him by at least 10 kilograms.

Anyway, Alfred sylphs and swoops around my messy head of hair, lifts up a few locks and then asks me point blank if I've been seeing anyone else, haircutwise. And when I say yes, there's all this gnashing of tiny little teeth as he bemoans the travesty of the other hairdresser's work, how horrible, and how wrong it must have looked for me, because only he knows my hair and only he knows what I need. I don't dare to mention that the other hairdresser does exactly the same thing when she's cutting my hair, I think he will probably be so mad that he will swoon dead away. And then where will we be.

It could be me, but how odd is it that I am being accused by a gay guy of being unfaithful to him. Especially when he is so small. If I sat on him, he would probably crumple like a toilet roll. Frankly, I suspect the real problem is that he is just thinner, prettier and hipper than me.

8 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can always tell him next time, after your visit to your neighbourhood hairdresser, that it is the only way to show how he is really so much better than the rest.

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Qing said...

my new beautician told me that she was going to 'break up with me' if i was going to let anyone else touch my face.

what's with beauty and possession!?!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, kate spade outlet online, chanel handbags, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, red bottom shoes, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban, hollister, nike huarache, ghd, vans, asics running shoes, hollister, wedding dresses, insanity workout, converse outlet, hollister, north face outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance, beats by dre, nike roshe, oakley, ralph lauren, vans shoes, chi flat iron, longchamp, soccer shoes, louboutin, bottega veneta, celine handbags, giuseppe zanotti, birkin bag, babyliss, nike trainers, p90x workout, nfl jerseys, nike air max, valentino shoes, herve leger, lululemon, jimmy choo shoes, mont blanc, timberland boots, ferragamo shoes, gucci, mac cosmetics, nike air max, reebok shoes, iphone 6 cases, converse, north face outlet, mcm handbags, soccer jerseys, instyler, baseball bats

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, karen millen, moncler, supra shoes, toms shoes, hollister, pandora jewelry, canada goose, canada goose, moncler, moncler, canada goose outlet, moncler, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, doudoune canada goose, canada goose outlet, ugg boots uk, barbour jackets, louis vuitton, swarovski, pandora jewelry, ugg pas cher, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, michael kors outlet online, links of london, coach outlet, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, moncler, swarovski crystal, barbour, michael kors outlet, pandora charms, doke gabbana outlet, pandora charms, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, moncler, replica watches, lancel, michael kors handbags, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, bottes ugg, moncler outlet

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

redskins jerseys
michael kors outlet online
cleveland cavaliers
san antonio spurs
nike outlet store
michael kors handbags wholesale
air jordan uk
oklahoma city thunder
replica rolex
adidas nmd
2017.3.25

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

new orleans saints jerseys
ugg boots
ray ban sunglasses outlet
fitflops shoes
fitflops
polo ralph lauren
ed hardy uk
ray ban sunglasses
seahawks jersey
supra sneakers
2017.7.11

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.6
coach factory outlet
coach outlet
coach outlet
nike outlet
jordans
adidas outlet
coach outlet
reebok outlet
ralph lauren polo
tod's outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home