Friday, December 19, 2008

A ray of little snowy hope

There is a pregnancy-related phenomenon that nobody talks about - in fact, there are lots of things about pregnancy that no one talks about but I digress - and that is nobody will touch you. I have a generally problematic relationship with my back which tends to flare up the moment the pregnancy test turns positive and that is my back will just start killing me, from start to finish of the pregnancy. No joke. Just pain, agony, stiffness, you name it. I need. a. back. massage.

And then here's the rest of the joke. Nobody will massage a pregnant woman unless they have had special training. And by special training, I mean special training in jacking up the price to twice the price of a normal massage, just to rub oil gingerly on my back as I lie on my side like a beached whale. If they were to try that on any non-pregnant, non-idiot customer, the person would just get up and walk out. I want a real massage, they would say. If I wanted you to just rub oil on my back with the tips of your fingers, I would have asked.

So it was with great reluctance that I called Qi Mantra last week, with my back in waves of agony, to cancel my next appointment with Little Snow, the woman with the magic thumb. Why, said Coco the rather nice receptionist. I'm pregnant, said I, waiting for her to say Ok then, good luck and good bye. To my surprise and joy, she said, well that's fine. Little Snow can give you a massage. She knows how to do it.

Oh joy! Oh tears of happiness! Oh happy day!

I no longer have to rely on The Husband, the king of the 20-second massage (followed by a long, heavy sigh indicating that he feels hard put upon and badly done by). I can now look forward to being bruised by a professional!!!!!!!

Leaving now.

8 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I genuinely feel happy for you, as I know exactly how you feel!!!

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are supposed to get a massage from the 4th month to 7th month only... Enjoy your massage! :)

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger expat@large said...

I'm thinking of writing a book on how to scare the living daylights of pregnant women by tabulating all the "do not" admonitions - but it would have to be a huge long book, EVERYTHING is bad for you and the baby...

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger gremlin said...

which is why I give up. I eat, drink and do whatever makes me happy. f*** the rules!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

huangqihang0529kate spade
true religion outlet
ralph lauren outlet
burberry outlet
burberry scarf
cheap ray ban sunglasses
nike air max
air max 95
ralph lauren
michael kors
michael kors bag
ray ban sunglasses
abercrombie
pandora outlet
jordan shoes
kate spade outlet online
oakley sunglasses wholesale
toms outlet
ralph lauren uk
toms shoes
coach outlet
ray bans
michael kors outlet online
cheap oakley sunglasses
gucci outlet
oakley sunglasses
mont blanc pens
ray ban uk
fitflops outlet
michael kors outlet
pandora jewelry
burberry sale
kate spade outlet
tory burch handbags
fitflops sale clearance
h

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-6 xiaozhengm
ugg boots on sale
Authentic Gucci Factory Outlet
Kobe Basketball Shoes For Sale
michael kors bags
louis vuitton handbags
Abercrombie and Fitch Striped Shirts
michael kors outlet online
Authentic Montblanc Pens Sale Online
Coach Factory Online Outlet Cheap Purses
Air Jordan 6 Cigar
Michael Kors Online Store Outlet
Abercrombie Short T-Shirts
Coach Outlet Store Online Official Website
michael kors outlet
Ugg Boots,Ugg Boots Outlet,Ugg Outlet,Cheap Uggs,Uggs On Sale,Ugg Boots Clearance,Uggs For Women
michael kors handbags
Coach Coupons In Coach Outlet Store Online
Air Jordan 3 "Infrared 23"
louis vuitton outlet stores
Louis Vuitton Bags On Sale Cheap
fitflops
coach outlet
Michael Kors Outlet Discount Purses Online
jordans for sale
ugg boots sale
Michael Kors Outlet Official Website
coach factory outlet
ugg sale
coach factory outlet
michael kors handbags
ugg boots outlet
nike free run 2,nike free runs,nikes,nike air max 95,nike high tops,air force 1,nike pegasus

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

sac longchamp
ed hardy
coach outlet
coach bags
ugg boots
ugg outlet
michael kors uk
gucci sito ufficiale
mont blanc outlet
ugg boots
2017.7.11

 

Post a Comment

<< Home